Engineered Plans Include:
- Determination of the number of water feature mechanical equipment room(s) and water reservoir tanks necessary; as well as its (their) location(s) and dimensions. In addition to provisions of the basic room dimensions, determination of drainage requirements, access requirements, and service requirements for electrical and water shall also be provided.
- Design and specification of the mechanical pumping and hydraulic systems and water circulation systems to operate the water feature circulation systems. This includes design and specification of pumps and piping manifold layouts.
- Design and specification of water feature piping, valves, and fittings.
- Design and specification of the filtration system -to mechanically filter the water.
- Design and specification of the water treatment systems, with automatic chemical controllers, which may include utilizing chlorine, ozone, UV, carbon dioxide, muriatic acid, and/or soda ash- to provide sterilization/disinfection/balancing of the water and oxidation of the nutrients, algae, and particulates in the water.
- Design and specification of specialized equipment and controls.
- Design and specification of the water feature effects and their associated equipment.
- Design and specification of the water feature circulation inlets –designed to be installed along the pool edge walls or floor, to decrease water stagnation, as necessary and provide adequate water turn-over.
- Design and specification of the surface skimmers or perimeter gutter systems- to help remove debris, trash, scum, etc., from the water surfaces.
- Design and specification of automatic water level control/fill mechanism(s)- to automatically monitor and maintain the feature water surface levels.
- Design and specification of filter backwash and evacuation drainage piping and fittings designed to the point of required air gap.
- Design and specification of water feature waterproofing systems and finishes.
- Design and specification of water feature underwater lighting (designed to electrical j-box or other point of connection. Electrical service and connections to be designed by Project Electrical Consultant)
- Sizing and specification of water feature heaters (if required)– for heating the water feature water.
- Provide Tabulation of systems electrical requirements.